County to Appeal Activist Alabama Federal Judge’s Bail Order
Cullman County ruling on bail by activist federal judge to be appealed in Alabama. September 19, 2018 Shultz v. Alabama is the latest case challenging bail brought by the Civil Rights Corps in Cullman County, Alabama, where an activist federal judge made up some law that is contrary to law that has settled on this…
BREAKING: Ballot Initiative Filed to Reverse Bail Reform Legislation (SB10) in California
Ballot Initiative Aimed at Reversing Bail Reform Legislation (SB10) in California August 29 2018 The American Bail Coalition announced its support of a ballot initiative launched today to reverse the passage of Senate Bill 10, the last-minute unvetted legislation that completely and totally upended California’s bail system. Press Release: Coalition Launches Referendum Drive to Protect…
BREAKING: US Court of Appeals Rules Monetary Bail and Bail Schedules Constitutional
US Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit rule monetary bail and bail schedules Constitutional after years of litigation. August 22 2018 After three years of ongoing litigation kicked off by then U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in Clanton, Alabama, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit has finally ruled on Walker v….
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.