On the heels of Google’s recent decision to ban the entire private bail industry from advertising on it’s platform, 60 Minutes exposes just how Big Google really is…and how it can’t wipe you off the map with their secret algorithm. Full Segment (VIDEO): Must Watch… http://ow.ly/7LvP30k5R1t 60 Minutes… This past week the Federal Trade Commission…
Municipal Court vows to cut back on suspects released signing their own bond
Municipal Court vows to cut back on suspects released signing their own bond Accountability matters – even on municipal charges. Mobile, Alabama business owners and other victims of crime will now have relief from the revolving door of “catch & release” that plagued their community since the adoption of this social experiment. News 5 WKRG…
Criminal justice officials in Smith County say high bonds are necessary
Smith County, TX – Officials question risk assessments in pretrial release. _____ Tyler Morning Telegraph – May 17 2018 Judge Christi Kennedy, who presides over the 114th District Court, called bail reform “probably the hottest topic in criminal justice right now.” She said options besides cash bail present problems. “The problem with bonds or not…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.