Former NJ Attorney General Christopher Porrino’s Weak Pitch for Bail Reform
As the rest of the nation waits for actual proof that NJ Bail Reform has worked, proponents continue to cite New Jersey as the model for all things bail – with data that doesn’t prove anything. July 16 2018 by Jeff Clayton, Executive Director, American Bail Coalition Former New Jersey Attorney General Christopher Porrino, in…
Former NY Chief Judge Lippman’s Decade Old Re-Cycled Op-Ed Still a Half-Truth on Bail Reform
Former New York Chief Judge Lippman Strikes Again: Another Re-Cycled Op-Ed from A Decade Ago and Still Telling Only Half of the Story July 13 2018 Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman, the former head of the State Judiciary in the Empire State, has managed to get Fox News to republish a version of an op-ed about…
BREAKING: Third Circuit Tap Dances to Uphold Challenge to NJ Bail Reform Act
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit upholds challenge to New Jersey’s Bail Laws by engaging in a legal tap dance – paving the way for additional challenges and a potential trip to the U.S. Supreme Court. July 9, 2018 – Jeff Clayton, Executive Director It’s been a generation since Courts began considering the…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.