Results In: Bail Reformer MacArthur Foundation Spending Millions to Increase Mass Incarceration in the Palmetto State
MacArthur Safety and Justice Challenge: Year One Results are in for Charleston, S.C. May 25, 2018 The MacArthur Safety and Justice Challenge is a series of grants to many local jurisdictions to reduce jail populations and basically reduce mass incarceration. It is thought that by implementing a bunch of new “best practices,” designed by ivory-tower criminologists,…
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit: Clement convincing in historic bail case
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit hears oral arguments in key bail case, Tuesday, May 15, 2018 Atlanta, GA – Counsel for the City of Calhoun, Maurice Walker, the American Bail Coalition and Georgia Association of Professional Bondsmen were in Atlanta for oral argument in the landmark bail case Walker v. Calhoun, the…
May 24, 2018 It may surprise many to know that the American Bail Coalition and Color of Change have more in common than you may think – we are both champions for communities of color. The recent CNN Opinion “John Legend and Rashad Robinson: End money bail now”, however, is an ugly reminder of…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.