Kentucky Pretrial Release System – Ineffective Waste of Resources
New study issued by law professor proves that the Kentucky’s Pretrial Release Program for those criminally charged is completely failing despite repeated attempts to fix it. by Jeff Clayton, Executive Director Kentucky’s pretrial services program, which costs the state around $12 million annually, is the only statewide pretrial program in the nation. These programs are…
Despite Nevada Governor Sandoval vetoing legislation to implement the pretrial “risk assessment” statewide because it was “unproven” with “no conclusive evidence pretrial risk tools will work” – Justice Hardesty moved forward with the Nevada Reno-Model…now a proven failure. by Jeff Clayton, Executive Director, American Bail Coalition If you Google how a bill becomes a law…
Laura and John Arnold Foundation’s “neutrality” on bail reform just a facade?
Arnold Foundation Hires Bill Clinton’s Former Lawyer to Clarify The Foundation’s Complete Lack of Neutrality on Bail Reform. by Jeff Clayton, Executive Director, American Bail Coalition The Public Safety Assessment, a proprietary algorithm created by the Laura and John Arnold Foundation (hereinafter, “Arnold Foundation”), with the stated intent to use big-data to “moneyball” the criminal…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.