BREAKING: Utah Judiciary delays implementation of Arnold Foundation tool amid legislative pressure
Salt Lake City, UT – Unconfirmed reports coming out of Salt Lake City, Utah indicate that the Judiciary has delayed implementation of the Arnold Foundation’s “risk assessment tool” amid serious criticisms from Utah legislators. On September 26, 2017, the Utah State Legislature had sent a formal letter to Chief Justice Matthew Durrant of the Utah…
Powered by Eventbrite
BREAKING: New Orleans, LA – Oral arguments heard today in O’Donnell v. Harris County federal lawsuit
Update: O’Donnell v. Harris County Today, oral arguments were heard in New Orleans before a panel of three judges sitting on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which covers Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi, in the federal case of ODonnell v. Harris County, Texas where the Plaintiffs are challenging the constitutionality of the…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.