California: National Shift Against Bail Reform and Senate Bill 10 Continues
Senate Bill 10 is a bill that is after it’s time. by Jeff Clayton, Executive Director, American Bail Coalition Senate Bill 10 in California is what bail reform looked like three years ago. Then, it was all the rage to use big data to tap-dance our way out of problems in the bail system by accurately…
Florida the Latest State to Reject Bail Reform and the No-Money Bail System
Gavel Comes Down in Tallahassee: Florida the Latest State to Reject Bail Reform and the No-Money Bail System As the gavel came down in Tallahassee at 4:17 pm on March 11, 2018, thus ending the 2018 session of the Florida legislature, Florida became the latest state to reject moving to a no-money bail system. Advocates…
Florida to Follow the Lead of Houston Texas on Bail Reform Unless the Legislature Rejects Damaging Legislation
Will Florida follow the lead of Houston, Texas on bail reform? Houston’s results paint a dire picture and should cause concern for lawmakers considering dangerous legislation. Bail reformers have somehow managed to convince the legislature that releasing more people on a “promise to appear” will create a new criminal utopia, saving money while not having…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.