BREAKING: Nearly 600,000 Signatures Submitted by Coalition to Overturn California Bail Legislation, SB-10
Los Angles, CA – Today, 576,745 signatures were submitted as part of the referendum effort to overturn Senate Bill 10 (SB10) in California, the dangerous “bail reform” legislation passed during the 2018 session. The coalition consists of public safety leaders, criminal justice reformers, crime victims’ advocates, concerned citizens and bail industry leaders, was formed to…
ACLU of Texas Attempts to Coerce Texas Counties into the Dying Bail Reform Movement – Buyer Beware
The ACLU of Texas – Careful Who You Partner With November 14 2018 The ACLU of Texas is suing Galveston county, and let’s just say it isn’t going very well for the ACLU. The County, wisely, made a few simple changes to its bail system in line with what noted bail lawyer Ken Good, Esq. recommended some…
Virginia Attorney General Bail Reform Proposal – Read Between the Lines
In a letter to the Virginia State Crime Commission this month, Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring outlined his vision of bail reforms which include the expansion of government run pretrial services and limiting judicial discretion. Virginia’s top cop seems to have followed the lead of other jurisdictions across the country in moving toward some…
NO MONEY BAIL ACT
THE 10% CASH DEPOSIT BAIL SCHEME
• AKA The 90% Discount •
Over the last many years courts in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and others have started using bail to guarantee payment of court fines and costs rather than the defendant’s appearance in court.
The result is, the courts have raised a lot of money at the expense of thousands of failures to appear, thousands of unserved warrants and profound negative impact on public safety and justice for victims of crime.
ABC MEMBER COMPANIES
Find out if your surety is a member of the American Bail Coalition and WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE supporting the bail bond industry. If you don’t see your surety listed below, make sure to ask them why. Learn more.
ABC AGENT AFFILIATE PROGRAM
The American Bail Agent Coalition
Here are just a few of the benefits to joining the American Bail Agent Coalition:
- ABAC is a partner to the leader in the preservation of commercial bail – the American Bail Coalition. The benefit of the financial and legal support allows ABAC to devote the vast majority of their resources to real issues and real efforts – all under the guidance of ABAC members.
- State Association support – access to legal experts and media relations.
- State association support – funding through our ABAC State Association Rebate Program.
- Participation in ABC legislative efforts – partnering to work together on advocating for meaningful legislation.
- Access to our monthly updates on updates and news concerning our industry across the country.